Because you'll rue the day you thought it was acceptable to wear clogs to an interview.
Don't get too down in the dumps, though. Those feelings of humiliation aren't permanent—and oftentimes, your mistakes are nowhere near as ruinous as you think. Like these, for example:
1. When you find a typo in your resume right after hitting "send."
2. When you schedule a phone interview during work hours and can't find a place to make a covert call.
3. When you sent a video application because you thought it would help you stand out.
4. When you build a robot to help you job search, but it ends up backfiring horribly.
At least now you don't have to worry about automation rendering you obsolete.
5. When you realize that cover letter you just sent has another company's name in it.
6. When you get caught hacking into the HR mainframe and marking yourself "hired."
7. When you lowball yourself into a salary that's half of what you're making now.
8. When you let your doubts about your professional capabilities get the best of you.
9. When you fail to perceive your true inner awesomeness.
10. When you forget that all the mistakes and wrong turns are just pit stops on the way to finding true career satisfaction.
© 2016 — Monster Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved. You may not copy, reproduce or distribute this article without the prior written permission of Monster Worldwide.